- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Search Jobs
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2017 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
The Top 5 Stories of 2018 (So Far)
Looking back on the first half of 2018, key topics that captured CVSHealth.com readers’ attention were drug pricing transparency, the opioid epidemic and health care transformation. In addition to trending on our site, these topics also received attention in the national health care dialogue.
These are the top five most read articles from January through June:
- Putting Patients at the Center of Health Care Transformation: At an innovation-focused POLITICO event sponsored by CVS Health, Chief Policy and External Affairs Officer Tom Moriarty discussed CVS Health’s commitment to putting patients at the center of their health care delivery. As part of this commitment, Mr. Moriarty identified solutions to key health care challenges, such as local access to high-quality care and the rising cost of prescription drugs.
- Helping Patients Maximize Prescription Benefits and Save Money: To fight back on rising drug costs, CVS Health launched the most comprehensive plan in the industry to help patients save money on their prescription medications – including reducing costs at the pharmacy counter, improving cost and benefits transparency and using pharmacy benefit management solutions.
- Utilization Management Strategies to Address the Opioid Crisis: Mitigating the opioid crisis is a challenging task, one that CVS Health has undertaken across our enterprise. This article highlighted initial positive results from our efforts to ensure appropriate use of opioids through our utilization management strategy.
- By the Numbers: Women’s Perceptions About Heart Health: For American Heart Month, CVS Health teamed up with the American Heart Association and Morning Consult to conduct a survey that explored women’s perceptions about their cardiovascular health. The survey found that women appreciate the importance of maintaining cardiovascular health but are largely unaware of their own risk factors.
- Greater Rx Price Transparency at the Point of Care: Casey Leonetti, Senior Vice President of PBM Innovation, was one of the guest speakers at a HIMSS 2018 panel. At the event, she discussed the importance of transparency around medication costs at the point of care and at the pharmacy in order to help patients access the most affordable medication.
For more information about CVS Health’s efforts to improve access to quality care across the nation, visit our Quality & Access information center and the CVS Health Impact Dashboard. To stay informed about the latest updates and innovations from CVS Health, register for content alerts and our bi-weekly health care newsletter.