- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Our Impact
- Community Contacts
- Thought Leadership
- Search Jobs
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2017 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
Making Connections through Colleague Resource Groups
As one of the largest employers in the United States, it’s important to offer programs that help our employees develop and grow professionally, while also providing the opportunity to connect with one another through a particular affinity, culture or perspective.
Our Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs) serve this purpose for more than 7,800 employees across 45 states and Puerto Rico.
A Variety of Perspectives
There are more than a dozen CRGs operating more than 40 chapters across our organization. These groups represent a wide variety of professional, cultural and personal interests. These include:
- Abilities: Supports an inclusive environment for colleagues and customers with differing abilities and serves as a resource group for colleagues who are caregivers of and advocates for individuals with disabilities.
- Asian Professional Network Association (APNA): Focused on mentoring employees and bringing awareness of CVS Health's rich diversity for colleagues of Asian Ethnicities, as well as other nationalities.
- Black Colleague Resource Group (BCRG): Dedicated to the personal and professional interests of colleagues who self-identify as African, African-American, Black, and Cape Verdean, West Indian or being of African descent.
- Family Matters: Empowering working families to become informed, successful, and engaged in the workplace by bringing together parents and caregivers to provide support and resources that support the growth and development of healthy families.
- Faith: Builds awareness and educate colleagues about religious diversity and increases employee engagement by demonstrating the value of diversity through the support of faith-based business partnerships.
- Fit Club: Focused on enhancing and fostering relationships outside of the meeting room through common interests in health, wellness, physical activity, wellness-focused seminars and volunteer opportunities.
- Green Team: Promotes environmental awareness and sustainability, and makes environmental sustainability a relevant part of every colleague's role and responsibility through education and volunteer opportunities.
- Outliers: Connects analytics professionals, both current and aspiring, within the organization to promote thought diversity and nurture a culture invested in data-driven decision making.
- Portuguese and Latino Empowerment Group (PLEG): Focused on mentoring employees and bringing awareness of CVS Health's rich diversity for colleagues of Portuguese and Hispanic Ethnicities, as well as other nationalities.
- PRIDE: Builds and facilitates a culture of inclusion for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender colleagues and their allies, and serves as a resource around LGBT issues for colleagues, the company and community.
- Valor: Engages colleagues to support programs that honor veterans and their families while also leading the way in making CVS Health an industry recognized employer of veterans, and active members of the National Guard and Reserve.
- Women’s Success Network: Provides colleagues, especially women at CVS Health, with educational, mentoring, and volunteer opportunities that promote empowerment and develop leadership and networking skills.
CRGs Benefit Our Employees and Our Company
CRGs offer a variety of benefits for our employees and for our company. Employees receive support for their professional development through networking, mentoring, and learning and development opportunities. In addition, our CRGs serve as a focused communication channel between company leadership and employees meant to foster open dialogue about company initiatives, company policies, practices and our products and services.
CRG members are also exposed to educational and awareness-building opportunities such as workshops, panel discussions and guest speakers, cultural events and celebrations, cross-group collaboration and community involvement.
CVS Health benefits through the insight and advice CRGs can provide through unique knowledge of particular markets, demographics and customer, particularly in relation to sales, customer service, marketing and development of products and services.
Here are just a few examples:
Valor, our CRG supporting veterans and active duty military members, assisted with our partnership with the Veterans Affairs Health Care System to offer urgent care services to veterans through MinuteClinic. The group provided invaluable perspective on veterans’ experience with health care.
The Portuguese and Latino Employee Group (PLEG) advised on the integration of our Navarro pharmacy chain, acquired in September 2014, which serves the Hispanic community in South Florida.
PRIDE, our LGBTA (LGBT and Allies) CRG, assisted with the development of our new Transgender Workplace Transition guidelines.
CRGs are one component of our comprehensive Strategic Diversity Management Program. For more information about diversity and inclusion at CVS Health, visit https://www.cvshealth.com/about/diversity.