- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Health in Action Blog
- Thought Leadership
- Hiring Areas
- Why CVS
- Important Security Alert
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
Scholarships for Pharmacy Schools
Pharmacists are among the most accessible and trusted members of the health care community. With more Americans living longer and taking more medications, the demand for these highly skilled professionals is only expected to increase. That’s why we’re proud to support the most promising pharmacists of tomorrow by providing scholarships through the CVS Health Foundation to pharmacy schools across the country. Funds are distributed directly to qualified schools; scholarships are awarded to students through the institution’s internal scholarship process.
Institutions in the U.S. and Puerto Rico that are interested in applying must have Full Accreditation Status or Candidate Accreditation Status as recognized by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Before submitting your application, please review this important information regarding the process:
- Organizations recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as tax exempt 501(c) (3), are invited to apply. Certain public institutions, including some public colleges and universities, are not eligible for exemption under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the Code), because the institution is not a separately incorporated entity, is an integral part of the state government, and may have certain regulatory powers similar to a governmental entity. Such institutions are eligible for grants from the CVS Health Foundation as long as grant funds are used for charitable purposes.
- A copy of the IRS Determination Letter will be required every year in order to validate that your institution continues to be a public charity. Please refer to this IRS letter prior to submitting the application to ensure you answer the questions properly.
- All applications to the CVS Health Foundation must be submitted online.
- The CVS Health Foundation Pharmacy Scholarship will review only one proposal per organization per year. Only completed proposals will be given consideration.
- Organizations will receive an email response to verify receipt of their application if requested. Click “yes” on the application where indicated and enter your email address to receive a receipt.
- Students enrolled in an accredited college of pharmacy are not eligible to apply online for a scholarship; this grant application process is for institutional use only. Students should inquire with their respective school's scholarship committee to determine the application process and timelines.
Pharmacy school scholarships applications for 2017 will be available in August and will be accepted through October.