To support our CVSQuitsForGood initiative, and to further our commitment to helping people lead tobacco-free lives, CVS Health has joined forces with the American Lung Association to help fight the #1 cancer killer of men and women – lung cancer. CVS Health is the national presenting sponsor of LUNG FORCE, which aims to make lung cancer a public health priority, drive policy change and increase research funding.
CVS Pharmacy Joins Forces with American Lung Association
LUNG FORCE is the health initiative addressing the #1 cancer killer of men and women: lung cancer.
As part of this sponsorship, CVS/pharmacy is running an in-store fundraising campaign from May 3 – May 23. CVS/pharmacy customers will have the opportunity to contribute to LUNG FORCE at checkout in stores nationwide or online at www.cvs.com/lung, with all proceeds earmarked to support the movement. Throughout the year, CVS Health colleagues will also have the chance to engage in local LUNG FORCE events across the country, such as walks and health expos.
Through LUNG FORCE, CVS Health and the American Lung Association seek to unite people against lung cancer and for lung health, and encourage them to raise their voices for change.
Did You Know:
- Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of men and women.
- Every five minutes a woman in the U.S. is diagnosed with lung cancer.
- Lung cancer kills more people each year than breast, colon and prostate cancer combined.
- More than two thirds of people diagnosed with lung cancer have never smoked or former smokers.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- CVS Pharmacy
- Strategic Imperative - Improve Health Lower Costs
- Pillar - Building Healthy Communities
- Campaign - Building Healthy Communities