WOONSOCKET, R.I., April 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --With Easter less than a week away, shoppers can turn to the 7,800 CVS/pharmacy locations nationwide to celebrate this springtime family holiday with great savings on a wide selection of items. This week, ExtraCare rewards members can receive a Buy One Get One 50% deal on premium chocolates and favorite Easter candy as well as 25% off select Easter products like egg decorating kits and home decor items.
"We are committed to offering value and convenience to our customers by making sure all their favorite Easter items are available at low prices so they can build the perfect basket, entertain loved ones and enjoy the holiday," said Judy Sansone, senior vice president, front store business for CVS/pharmacy.
This year, families will find the following in the CVS/pharmacy Easter collection:
- Easter Basket Necessities Behind any beautiful Easter basket are the staple items to help achieve the perfect look, such as Easter grass, plastic Easter eggs and of course, Easter baskets themselves. This year's assortment ranges from more traditional baskets to plush versions featuring popular and beloved children's characters like Hello Kitty and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Chocolate and Candy Favorites CVS/pharmacy is a one-stop-shop for Easter candy favorites such as Peeps, Cadbury Eggs and Reese's Eggs, plus chocolate bunnies and decadent chocolates from premium brands such as Lindt, Ferrero Rocher, and Ghirardelli. Shoppers can also discover the tasty additions available from Gold Emblem, an exclusive snack and treat line available at CVS/pharmacy that includes Jordan Almonds, creme eggs, gourmet European milk chocolate truffle eggs and more.
- Family Fun Easter is associated with fun and meaningful family traditions, including egg decorating and Easter egg hunts. Decorating and dye kits from CVS/pharmacy start at just $1.99, and shoppers can select from a variety of seasonal toys, such as bunny chalk and Easter plush, as well as bite-sized treats to fill the eggs for the hunt.
- Personalized Photo Treasures Create a customgift for a child or loved one with a variety of personalized photo gift options. Everything from personalized photo books, prints and enlargements are available same day, and allow customers to get creative with Easter themed templates. Photo creations begin at just $0.19, and prints can be ordered in advance on-the-go via the CVS/pharmacy Mobile app, and picked up same-day.
- Festive Gifts for All Ages Switch it up this year with non-candy items that are sure to impress tweens, teens and adults. Select from hundreds of gift cards, portable power banks for charging cell phones on the go, and Essence of Beauty travel sized beauty favorites and fragrances. Lip and skincare essentials from brands like Burt's Bees also make a great addition to any Easter basket, as do healthy and practical items ranging from bath and shower loofahs, nail polishes, gummy vitamins and other supplements, and the ever-popular As Seen on TV products.
Busy shoppers also know they can rely on CVS/pharmacy for sentimental, spiritual or silly Easter greeting cards. This year, customers can also choose from a vast collection of templates and designs to easily create personalized Easter Photo Greeting Cards in just minutes at an in-store KODAK Picture Kiosk or online at CVSphoto.com with FREE same day pick-up. Shoppers can add favorite photos from a camera roll, CVS Photo account or social media account like Facebook and Instagram to one of the many colorful templates for a personalized greeting starting at $1.99 for an individual card and $14.99 for sets of 20.
Savings and Rewards Leading Up to Easter Sunday
CVS/pharmacy loves rewarding loyal customers with savings. Members of the ExtraCare Rewards program earn two percent back on nearly every purchase, on Easter supplies and all year-long. ExtraCare cardholders can also earn ExtraBucks Rewards on select specially-advertised items, including many of the gift items listed above, found in the weekly circular and online via myWeekly Ad, a personalized digital version of the weekly sales ad that makes it even easier to browse what's on sale. A sampling of some of the incredible Easter deals available to ExtraCare members this week only include:
- Buy One Get One 50% Off on premium chocolates from Ghirardelli, Lindt and Ferrero Rocher, as well as on varieties of Peeps
- 25% Off egg decorating kits and Easter home decor
- Spend $15 on any Hallmark Cards, Easter toys, gifts or plush animals, get $3 ExtraBucks Rewards back to spend during your next trip.
To find a nearby CVS/pharmacy location or confirm store hours, please visit http://www.cvs.com/stores.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with 7,800 locations. It is the first national pharmacy to end the sale of tobacco and the first pharmacy in the nation to receive the Community Pharmacy accreditation from URAC, the leading health care accreditation organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Health is available at www.cvshealth.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spring-into-savings-with-last-minute-easter-essentials-at-cvspharmacy-300059159.html