- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Health in Action Blog
- Thought Leadership
- Hiring Areas
- Why CVS
- Important Security Alert
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
Simplify Mother's Day Gifting with Unexpected Finds and One-Stop-Shopping at CVS/pharmacy
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
WOONSOCKET, R.I., May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --With less than one week until Mother's Day,shoppers still have time to pick up thoughtful gifts and cards for their moms and the special women in their lives at more than 7,600 CVS/pharmacy locations nationwide. From personalized photo creations that are unique and special, to must-have beauty favorites to make her feel pampered, CVS/pharmacy offers a range of gift options under one roof, making shopping for mom easier than ever.
"We know Mother's Day is a personal and sentimental day for our customers, which is why we strive to offer a wide selection of gifts that are special to every type of mom," said Judy Sansone, Senior Vice President of Merchandising for CVS/pharmacy. "Shoppers can discover affordable gifts, all in one convenient location, making it even easier to make her day this year."
CVS/pharmacy offers a variety of heart-warming gifts that fit the personalities of every mom, all at affordable prices. Gift themes and ideas include:
- Mother's Day Cards Shoppers can choose from a wide selection of delightful Mother's Day cards to show mom how much she is loved and appreciated. From sentimental to silly, greeting cards from popular brands like Hallmark and American Greetings provide a huge array of Mother's Day messages to capture just the right words.
- Designer Fragrances Treat mom to one of the many celebrity and designer fragrances conveniently available both in-store and online. From classics like Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds (starting at $15.99) and Versace (starting at $45.99) to the latest trendy options like Beyonce Rise (starting at $18.99) and Rihanna Nude (starting at $25.99), CVS/pharmacy offers fragrances ranging from fruity and floral scents to woodsy or musky aromas.
- This week, designer fragrances are "Buy One Get One Free" and shoppers who scan their ExtraCare card at the ExtraCare Coupon Center before they shop can receive a coupon for $5 off any fragrance purchase of $25 or more.
- Something Sweet Moms with a sweet tooth will appreciate premium chocolates such as Lindt Truffles ($4.99) and Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares ($4.99). To complete a decadent gift basket, pick up chocolate-covered nuts, popcorn and cookies from Gold Emblem, the exclusive snack and treat line available at CVS/pharmacy, starting at just $0.99.
- Personalized Photo Gifts and Cards Gift-givers can create memorable personalized keepsakes of their (or their mom's) best Facebook and Instagram snapshots with CVS/pharmacy Photo Centers both in-store or online, even same-day. With in-store Wi-Fi at the KODAK Picture Kiosks, shoppers can upload photos directly from a camera or Facebook account to create a meaningful gift, like made-to-order photo books (starting at $4.99) or enlargements for mom to display at home or work (starting at $3.99). One-of-a-kind greeting cards can be created in just minutes by adding photos to the hundreds of customizable templates (starting at $1.99).
- Pampering and Beauty Essentials Mom will feel beautiful with gifts from the beauty department at CVS/pharmacy. Create a pampering gift basket with an assortment of skin care, hair care and cosmetics from Nuance Salma Hayek including Nail Lacquers available in spring hues ($5.99) and My Secret Super Hand Brightening Cream ($9.99), great for at-home manicures. Designed for mature skin, the newly launched spa-quality Nuance Salma Hayek Age Affirm Skin Care Collection (starting at $12.99) is a perfect addition to complete a custom gift basket for mom. For the on-the-go mom, the Essence of Beauty Fine Fragrance Body Mist Collection ($9.99) and the Spoil Me Fragrance Kit ($8.99) offer travel sizes of best-selling mists and scents.
Save and Earn Rewards While Shopping for Mom
ExtraCare cardholders can earn extra savings and rewards during their Mother's Day shopping trips and save even more when they stop at the ExtraCare Coupon Center for special in-store coupons at the start of their trip. Discounts and instant ExtraBucks Rewards will be awarded simply through the purchase of specially-advertised products, including many of the gift items listed above, found in the weekly circular and online via myWeekly Ad, a personalized version of the weekly circular that makes it even easier to browse what's on sale.
Customers can head to the CVS/pharmacy Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/CVS to learn about current and upcoming promotions, as well as great deals on all kinds of gifts. Additionally, shoppers can follow @CVS_Extra on Twitter (Twitter.com/CVS_Extra) and participate in a giveaway on Wednesday, May 7 at 1 p.m. EDT for a chance to win a Mother's Day prize pack.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,600 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores in the U.S. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available athttp://info.cvscaremark.com/.