- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Search Jobs
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2017 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
SilverScript Insurance Company, a CVS Caremark Company, Introduces New Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Options for 2013
Monday, October 1, 2012
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SilverScript Insurance Company, a CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS) company, announced today that a variety of new Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) options are available for 2013. Medicare beneficiaries can choose from three SilverScript plans whether they are looking for affordable yet comprehensive coverage, are concerned about coverage in the Donut Hole or don't currently take a lot of prescription drugs yet still want good basic coverage in case their circumstances change during the plan year:
- SilverScript Choice – a $0-deductible plan with a low monthly premium that is below $30 in most states. The plan also features $0 copays for all Tier-1 drugs, including most generic drugs, at any preferred pharmacy in the network or through the CVS Caremark mail service pharmacy during the initial coverage stage. The preferred pharmacy network offers a wide selection of pharmacies across the country including many independent, community-based pharmacies, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. and CVS/pharmacy stores.
- SilverScript Basic – a low monthly premium plan with a deductible designed for people who take few or no prescriptions, but still want comprehensive coverage should their prescription needs change.
- SilverScript Plus – a $0-deductible plan with a higher monthly premium that provides coverage during the Coverage Gap (Donut Hole). This plan is designed for people who take several medications on a regular basis and are likely to reach the Coverage Gap during the 2013 plan year.
"As part of our commitment to helping people on their path to better health, we asked Medicare beneficiaries what they wanted in a prescription drug plan related to cost and coverage including the ideal monthly premium, deductible and copay," said Adam Miller, executive vice president, Medicare Part D services for CVS Caremark. "Based on what we heard from consumers, we developed the SilverScript Choice PDP, which is among the lowest-cost plans in many regions when considering both premium and deductible. It is important for beneficiaries to remember that when they are selecting a plan, they should pay attention to the total cost. They should consider the monthly premium, whether there is a deductible or not and copay amounts."
Enrollment for the 2013 plan year begins on October 15, 2012 through December 7, 2012. Consumers interested in learning more about the SilverScript plan options can visit www.silverscript.com, or call toll-free 1-866-552-6106. TTY/TDD users should call 1-866-552-6288. The toll-free number is staffed 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
About CVS Caremark
CVS Caremark is dedicated to helping people on their path to better health as the largest integrated pharmacy company in the United States. Through the company's more than 7,400 CVS/pharmacy stores; its leading pharmacy benefit manager serving more than 60 million plan members; and its retail health clinic system, the largest in the nation with more than 600 MinuteClinic locations, it is a market leader in mail order, retail and specialty pharmacy, retail clinics, and Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans. As a pharmacy innovation company with an unmatched breadth of capabilities, CVS Caremark continually strives to improve health and lower costs by developing new approaches such as its unique Pharmacy Advisor program that helps people with chronic diseases such as diabetes obtain and stay on their medications. Find more information about how CVS Caremark is reinventing pharmacy for better health at info.cvscaremark.com.
SOURCE CVS Caremark