- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Search Jobs
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2017 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
As May 15th Deadline Nears for Medicare Part D Enrollment, CVS/pharmacy Offers Seniors Expanded Resources
Thursday, March 30, 2006
WOONSOCKET, R.I., March 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- As the May 15th deadline approaches for Medicare Part D enrollment, CVS/pharmacy is continuing its efforts to educate and inform seniors about the new prescription drug benefit plan.
The following resources are available at CVS/pharmacy:
- Medicare Tuesdays return to CVS/pharmacy from April 11th to May 9th. Each Tuesday, every CVS/pharmacy location will have dedicated staff available to answer patients' Medicare questions and help them review available drug benefit plans in order to find the one that best meets their needs.
- Pharmacists are the most accessible members of the healthcare delivery system, and CVS pharmacists are specially-trained to explain the Medicare Part D drug benefit to their patients. CVS pharmacists are available for educational events at senior centers and other community organizations. You can speak with your local CVS pharmacist if you are interested in inviting them to such an event.
- Every CVS/pharmacy location has a Medicare Information Center, which offers easy-to-read pamphlets designed to explain how Medicare drug plans work and to assist patients select a plan that best meets their needs. These resources are also available on-line at http://www.cvs.com/medicare.
"Over the last several months, CVS pharmacists have helped hundreds of thousands of patients better understand their choices under the Medicare Part D drug benefit," said Matt Leonard, Senior Vice President of Pharmacy at CVS/pharmacy. "We will continue our efforts to help patients work their way through the large number of choices available to them as part of our mission to be the easiest pharmacy for customers to use."
For the millions of eligible patients still not enrolled in a Medicare Part D plan, CVS/pharmacy offers these reminders:
- Because your health needs can change quickly, a plan may be appropriate for you even if you only take a few prescriptions and your medication costs are low right now.
- Patients who enroll in a plan after May 15th will pay higher premiums, so be sure to enroll before the deadline.
- Submit your enrollment application to the insurance plan of your choice as early in the month as possible, so that there is enough time for them to mail out your new Medicare Prescription Drug Card and enter you into their system before your coverage begins on the first day of the following month.
- The first time you use your Medicare Prescription Drug Card, order your prescription refill while you still have a few days' supply remaining. This will ensure that you will not run out of your medication if your pharmacist needs time to research and resolve any issues pertaining to your new Medicare coverage.