- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Search Jobs
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS/pharmacy Revolutionizes the Way Customers Experience the Sales Circular with Launch of myWeekly Ad
Thursday, October 17, 2013
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --CVS/pharmacy, America's leading retail pharmacy, today announced the launch of a savings revolution that reinvents the American shopping staple the weekly sales circular. Customers can now sign up for myWeekly Ad, a first-of-its-kind digital circular experience powered by the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare program. The new circular serves up a personalized version of the sales ad for each customer, making it even easier to save both time and money.
Shoppers who use the new myWeekly Ad no longer have to browse each page of a paper circular to find the deals that interest them. Instead, upon signing up, each user will immediately see which of their favorite items are on sale that week, including frequently-bought items or hot deals in categories that might be of interest to that specific shopper. Personalized ExtraCare savings and rewards can also be found all in one place, making it easier for customers to see their available offers before they shop.
CVS/pharmacy is showcasing the new myWeekly Ad in a fun, playful way by kicking off a 360-degree marketing, advertising and social media campaign featuring three very recognizable celebrities: Joan Rivers, Nick Cannon and George Hamilton. The "What's Your Deal?" campaign highlights how CVS/pharmacy is a unifying shopping destination for all of these different characters with something for everyone, which is at the heart of myWeekly Ad.
"Our 'What's Your Deal?' campaign is a tongue-in-cheek way for us to unveil the savings revolution that is myWeekly Ad, where we've created a personalized circular that is as unique as each of our customers," said Rob Price, Chief Marketing Officer of CVS/pharmacy. "CVS/pharmacy's myWeekly Ad is a convergence of technology and customer insights that revolutionizes savings. It acts as a matchmaker for our customers and their best deals."
At the core of myWeekly Ad is the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare savings and rewards program, the world's largest retail loyalty program with more than 70 million active cardholder households. Members can easily sign up for myWeekly Ad online at www.cvs.com/myweeklyad to immediately see what their own personalized deals are.
myWeekly Ad How It Works
The weekly ad is one of the longstanding and popular ways that CVS/pharmacy delivers value to customers. It's easy to sign up for the new myWeekly Ad experience at www.cvs.com/myweeklyad by using an existing ExtraCare card number and CVS.com account information. New shoppers can also register online for an ExtraCare card and/or CVS.com account if they don't already have one.
Once they sign up, users will have access to features including:
- "Your Deals": while myWeekly Ad lets customers see all of the same deals featured in the traditional paper circular, the platform highlights up front those products on sale each week that the individual users most frequently purchase.
- "Recommended Deals": myWeekly Ad thinks for the customer and suggests deals from the weekly circular that they might be interested in based on the categories and products they've purchased in the past.
- "ExtraCare Savings": shoppers can quickly scan all personalized savings and rewards currently available and choose to print or use "Send to Card" to digitally send select offers to their ExtraCare card before shopping.
- "myShopping List": customers can build their own digital shopping list featuring the deals they'd like to take advantage of each week, and it tells the customer exactly which aisle at their local store they'll be able to find each of the products on their list. The shopping list is shareable and can be printed, emailed or viewed on a mobile phone.
- "myPurchase History": myWeekly Ad also keeps a secure purchase history for users to reference. Customers can view the items they've purchased over the past 18 months and see if they are on sale, or add any of them to their current shopping list.
- Deal Details: users can access information on all items that are part of an offer that week, eliminating any confusion about whether a specific product is part of the sale.
- Convenience On-The-Go: In addition to seeing their personalized offers on CVS.com, shoppers can also access myWeekly Ad via their mobile devices and tablets.
- Sneak Peek: shoppers can see next week's deals three days before the traditional circular is distributed on Sundays. Those enrolled can check back every week for new deals and can subscribe to email notifications to find out when new offers are available.
For more information or to sign up, please visit www.cvs.com/myweeklyad.
Several agency partners collaborated with CVS/pharmacy to bring the campaign to life, including L.A.-based advertising agencyStandard Time, media firm Mindshare, part of the GroupM division of WPP, and its social media unit, M80, as well as Boston-area PR firm Matter Communications and Resource, which led the development for the new digital circular design.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,500 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores in the U.S. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available athttp://info.cvscaremark.com/.