- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS/pharmacy Ready in Stores and Online to Help Customers Affected by Tropical Storm Isaac
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS/pharmacy is taking steps to prepare for Tropical Storm Isaac, which is expected to become a hurricane and make landfall in the Gulf Coast area within 24 hours.
While complying with any mandatory evacuation order given by local officials, CVS/pharmacy is keeping its stores in affected areas open for as long as possible and stocking them with storm preparedness items such as water, batteries, flashlights and other products to help in an emergency. Any stores that close due to the storm will reopen as soon as safely possible. CVS/pharmacy is also preparing to assist with storm recovery efforts in its communities and is keeping in close contact with the American Red Cross to offer support in affected areas as needed once the storm passes.
Customers can access their prescription information at the recently-enhanced Pharmacy section of CVS.com, with resources such as My Pharmacy, where patients can easily view all of their prescriptions and manage refills, and a Drug Information Center where they can ensure medications can be taken together and view descriptive images of each prescribed pill. Prescription management services are also available at CVS/pharmacy's mobile website, m.cvs.com, and through CVS/pharmacy's iPhone and Android mobile apps.
When preparing for a hurricane or other serious weather event, CVS/pharmacy offers customers the following tips:
1. Create a plan for evacuating and finding a safe destination.
2. Keep a written record of your current prescriptions with you at all times, or create an online record at CVS.com. This is especially important if you take multiple prescriptions.
3. In the event of an emergency when you are away from home, find a pharmacy nearby to fill necessary prescriptions. CVS/pharmacy can fill its customers' prescriptions at any of its 7,300 locations nationwide. To find a CVS/pharmacy near you, visit the store locator at http://www.cvs.com/ or m.cvs.com.
4. Create an emergency kit and make sure you have all essentials in case of power outages. CVS/pharmacy has the necessities for a hurricane kit including bottled water, masking tape and batteries.
For a full list of tips on being prepared for a hurricane, visit the National Weather Service's National Hurricane Center at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,300 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available at http://info.cvscaremark.com/.