- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Search Jobs
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2017 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS/pharmacy Partners with the American Diabetes Association to Sponsor "A Day in the Life of Diabetes" for National Diabetes Month
Thursday, November 1, 2012
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS/pharmacy® is partnering with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) as the sponsor of "A Day in the Life of Diabetes" campaign – a photo sharing campaign on the ADA's main Facebook page. The CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes® program will donate $1 to the American Diabetes Association for every photo or image uploaded, up to $25,000. CVS/pharmacy will also co-host a Twitter Chat on November 15 with Dr. Elizabeth Seaquist, Vice President of Medicine & Science for the ADA.
"With 26 million people afflicted with the disease in the U.S. and an additional 79 million Americans at risk for type 2 diabetes, this chronic condition has reached epic proportions," said Papatya Tankut, RPh, Vice President of Pharmacy Affairs, CVS Caremark. "By working together with the American Diabetes Association, we're able to cast a wider net to help more people on their path to better health by sharing educational resources and spreading awareness of programs that can help them to manage diabetes and save money."
Additional activities happening during American Diabetes Month include:
- Twitter Chat: To help educate CVS/pharmacy customers about diabetes and how to care for those with diabetes, CVS/pharmacy and the American Diabetes Association will co-host a live Twitter chat on the @CVS_Extra handle, featuring a CVS pharmacist and Dr. Elizabeth Seaquist, Vice President of Medicine & Science for the ADA via the @AmDiabetesAssn handle. The Twitter chat will take place on Thursday, November 15, from 3-4 p.m. EST. Users that participate in the chat by using the #diabetesmonth or #CVSECAD hashtag, will automatically be entered to win prize packs from the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes program.
- ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes Member Drive: The program is free and open to all members of the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare savings and rewards program; cardholders can easily sign up at CVS.com/diabetes. Once enrolled, patients and caregivers gain access to:
- $5 coupon for joining
- Monthly e-newsletter filled with recipes, tips and extra savings
- More than $130 in savings from Diabetes Health Magazine available through December 31, 2012.
ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes members earn ExtraBucks® Rewards on more than 100 products used to manage diabetes, including testing supplies, glucose test strips and glucose meters. In addition to exclusive savings, members also have access to a variety of resources including an "Ask Our Pharmacist" section, additional offers, videos and recipes addressing their specific lifestyle needs. Members can log on to CVS.com/extracare or access the CVS mobile app to view the personalized ExtraSavings™ and ExtraBucks Rewards that are currently available, and choose to "Print" or "Send to Card" their coupon savings and ExtraBucks Rewards.
In addition to earning ExtraBucks Rewards that can be spent on most items in the store, ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes members receive special offers and discounts on their receipts and at the in-store ExtraCare Coupon Center. Members can visit the Information & Advice center on CVS.com, which features videos and answers from the pharmacist year round.
Since its launch in 2010, the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes program has helped more than 2 million members save money and better manage the disease.
For more information, visit CVS.com/diabetes.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with 7,400 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available athttp://info.cvscaremark.com.