- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Health in Action Blog
- Thought Leadership
- Hiring Areas
- Why CVS
- Important Security Alert
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS/pharmacy Offers a Variety of Creative and Classic Valentine's Day Treats to Sweeten Your Holiday
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With more than 7,400 locations across the country,CVS/pharmacy is a convenient one-stop shop for customers looking for cards, candy and gifts this Valentine's Day. At their local CVS/pharmacy, shoppers can expect to find a wide selection of traditional Valentine's Day needs like cards and candy to one-of-a-kind gift options such as phone and tablet cases which can be personalized for loved ones. From classic staples to unexpected treasures– it's all at CVS/pharmacy to make this year's Valentine's Day one to remember.
"Customers looking for special Valentine's Day gifts as well as all of the holiday's essential items can find one-stop shopping at their local CVS/pharmacy," says Judy Sansone, senior vice president of merchandising for CVS/pharmacy. "In addition to a wide selection of Valentine's Day themed cards and candy, this year we're also offering seasonal decorations and baking essentials to inspire family fun."
CVS/pharmacy has a range of products that are perfect for Valentine's Day, and are available in-store or online at CVS.com. An assortment of items includes:
- Sweet Treats: Specialty chocolates from Dove, Lindt, Ferrero Rocher, Ghirardelli, Godiva, Russell Stover, Whitman's and more; Classics like Brach's Conversation Hearts, Hershey's Kisses, snack-size M&Ms, SKITTLES® and more; assorted heart-shaped lollipops; prices vary
- Classroom Handout Fun: Valentine card packs paired with candy, trendy temporary tattoos, pencils, buttons, wristbands, or 3-D images; Valentine card packs feature favorite character themes like Angry Birds, Disney Princesses, SpongeBob SquarePants, Mad Libs, Star Wars, Hello Kitty, Batman and more, starting at $2.99
- Baking for the Occasion: Special Valentine's Day In the Mix baking mixes are in the Seasonal Aisle, like Red Velvet Cupcake Mix, Perfectly Pink Pancake Mix, and Chocolate Heart Sandwich Cookie Kits, $5.49; Festival Red Sweet Hearts sprinkles, $2.19; Set of three heart-shaped and Valentine's Day-themed cookie cutters, $3.99
- Fragrances and Beauty: Designer and celebrity fragrance sets for men and women, starting at $14.99; Burt's Bees lip, skin and hair care, starting at $2.99; Nuance Salma Hayek line of cosmetics and skincare, starting at $5.99; National and Essence of Beauty brands of skincare and spa essentials, prices vary
- Holiday Novelties: Love Plush Heart Throw blankets in red and pink, $9.99; Wine Glasses and Stopper Set, $9.99; Langley Home Rich Scented Candles, $1.99; assorted disposable cameras, starting at $6.79; Hallmark Blooming Expressions, $16.99; Women's novelty socks, $2.99; Men's novelty boxers, $6.99; Lovable plush animals, starting at $4.99
- Custom Photo Gifts: Personalized photo gifts like Valentine cards starting at $0.65; customized photo playing cards, $24.99; personalized phone and tablet cases starting at $34.99; photo books starting at $5.99; wall décor starting at $9.99; Teddy bear with photo sweatshirt, $19.99; Plus, CVS/pharmacy now has in-store Wi-Fi so you can link your smartphone photos to the kiosk in minutes!
And while shopping, customers can use their ExtraCare® card to earn two percent back on nearly every purchase. ExtraCare cardholders can also earn special ExtraBucks® Rewards on select specially-advertised items included within the weekly circular, available in most Sunday newspapers and on CVS.com's Weekly Ad.
Followers of the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare Twitter feed are also invited to participate in a Valentine's Day chat and giveaway the week before the holiday. For details and to join the chat, visit www.twitter.com/CVS_Extra on February 6. Twitter followers who participate in the contest will be selected at random to win a Valentine's Day gift pack filled with treats.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,400 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores. CVS/pharmacy is committed to improving the lives of those we serve by making innovative and high-quality health and pharmacy services safe, affordable and easy to access, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available at http://info.cvscaremark.com.