- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Search Jobs
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2017 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS/pharmacy Offers Last Minute Shoppers Unexpected Gifts for Everyone on Their Christmas List
Monday, December 19, 2011
From classic stocking stuffers to the latest gifts and gadgets, stress-free shopping available at more than 7,300 CVS/pharmacy locations nationwide
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Dec. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- With Christmas less than a week away, last-minute shoppers can still find unexpected gifts and great deals at their local CVS/pharmacy. With a larger-than-ever selection of gifts in more than 7,300 stores nationwide, customers will find everything they need in one convenient stop at CVS/pharmacy – from gift wrap and decorations for the home, to gifts that fit every budget and personality. This year's options range from classics like bath and body products and stocking stuffers to items like speaker towers for iPhone and iPod users, handheld video camcorders, small appliances, and many of the hottest children's toys, which many shoppers might not realize they can find easily at their local CVS/pharmacy.
"Last minute shoppers can head to CVS/pharmacy this week to find great deals on a variety of gift options," said Judy Sansone, Senior Vice President of Merchandising for CVS/pharmacy. "With extended holiday hours at nearly all of our 7,300 stores, CVS/pharmacy is the perfect place to find gifts and holiday necessities without the hassle."
Many CVS/pharmacy locations are offering extended holiday hours this week and most 24-hour stores will remain open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. To locate the closest CVS/pharmacy, or for questions about specific store hours, please visit http://www.cvs.com/storefinder.
From electronics and toys to home decorations and luxury items, shoppers will be delighted to know they can conveniently find high-quality gifts at affordable prices at their local CVS/pharmacy store or online at CVS.com. Many of the options go beyond what shoppers usually think they can find at a drugstore:
- Gadgets and Gizmos: iCraig Tower Stereo System, $99.99;Craig 7"Portable LCD TV with DVD player, $99.99; Craig Tablet, $99.99; Vivitar Flip Video DVR, $39.99; Zone 60 interactive gaming console, $39.99; American Originals Popcorn Maker, $19.99; Emerson Telescope, $19.99
- Personalized Photo Gifts: Customized Holiday Greeting Cards, starting at $12.99 for a set of 20; In-store Photo Books, $5.99 - $14.99 and Calendars, $19.99; Canvas Wall Art, $12.99 - $69.99; Photo Collage Blanket, $59.99; Baby Onesie, $19.99; Photo Apron, $19.99
- Just For Kids: Discovery Kids Indoor/Outdoor Play Tent, $19.99, Pottery Wheel, $19.99 and Ice Cream Maker, $19.99; Roll up Piano, $29.99; 24" Rocking Horse, $29.99; Animal Shaped chairs, $19.99; Inflatable Ball Pit, $19.99
- Relaxation Remedies: Sarah Peyton Shiatsu Back Massager, $19.99 and Memory Foam Slippers, $9.99; Essence of Beauty bag and umbrella set, $14.99 and weekender bag, $14.99; NEW exclusive Nuance Salma Hayek line of cosmetics, skincare and hair products, $7.99 - $19.99; and assorted bath accessories, $4.99 - $19.99.
- Pet Products: Adjustable dog feeder, $19.99; Pet Central Lounger, $14.99; Pet Central Beds, $5.99 - $14.99; Pet Central Portable Pet House, $12.99; Pet Central stairs, $9.99
- Holiday Home Decor: 42" Wooden Nutcrackers, $39.99; 48" Ladder Climbing Snowmen, $29.99; Animated Santa with Lights, $19.99; LED lights, assorted $9.99 - $19.99; Sarah Peyton 4-piece Flameless Candle Set, $19.99; 76-count shatterproof ornaments, $9.99; 26" Fabric Snowman and Santa, $9.99; Eva Snowman, $9.99
- Stocking Stuffers: Assorted designer fragrances and colognes, $9.99 - $58.99; Blade gift sets, $9.99; and gift cards. Shoppers can choose from hundreds of gift cards from popular retailers, restaurants, and department stores, as well as iTunes, Visa, American Express and Mastercard. This year, CVS/pharmacy expanded its gift card selection to include new options such as Groupon, Crate and Barrel, Bed Bath & Beyond and SpaWeek.com.
As a bonus, shoppers heading to CVS/pharmacy now through Christmas for gifts and other essentials can also earn up to $50 in free gift cards. Through December 25, members of CVS/pharmacy's ExtraCare Rewards program can earn free $10 gift cards to Macy's, Gap, Applebee's, Shell Stations, American Express, Barnes & Noble or CVS/pharmacy simply by spending $30 on specially-marked items found conveniently in the weekly CVS/pharmacy circular. Shoppers can keep these gift cards for themselves or gift them to friends, or family. To learn more about how the promotion works, check out videos featuring CVS/pharmacy's "Holiday Savings Squad" on CVS.com/Christmas, under the "In-Store" tab. The videos can also be found on CVS/pharmacy's Facebook page and YouTube channel.
CVS/pharmacy is also reminding customers to check out the company's Facebook and Twitter pages for exclusive social media offers and contests. Facebook community members can take the "Holiday Shopping Quiz" at Facebook.com/CVS to earn a 20 percent off shopping pass before they head to the store. Additionally, shoppers can follow CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare on Twitter at Twitter.com/CVS_Extra to learn about deals and get last-minute gift suggestions.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,300 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores. CVS/pharmacy is committed to improving the lives of those we serve by making innovative and high-quality health and pharmacy services safe, affordable and easy to access, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available at http://info.cvscaremark.com.