- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Health in Action Blog
- Thought Leadership
- Hiring Areas
- Why CVS
- Important Security Alert
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS/pharmacy Launches New Online Drug Information Center
Thursday, August 8, 2013
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --CVS/pharmacy today announced the launch of a new online Drug Information Center on CVS.com. This new resource was developed to help consumers take control of their health by providing them with best-in-class drug information and a variety of innovative resources. The Drug Information Center empowers users, by offering detailed information on prescription and non-prescription medications, vitamins and supplements, as well as a Drug Interaction Checker and a printable, personalized health information wallet card feature.
"Our new Drug Information Center provides a comprehensive set of resources that informs and empowers our customers as they make important decisions surrounding their health and well-being," said Brian Tilzer, Senior Vice President, Chief Digital Officer for CVS/pharmacy. "As a pharmacy innovation company, we are constantly exploring new tools and resources to help our customers on their path to better health. With this launch, we are offering users medication expertise in a simple, interactive way that provides relevant and personalized drug information that has never been made available to them before."
Resources now available as part of the Drug Information Center include:
- Enhanced Drug Information: Allows users to quickly search for easy-to-understand information on thousands of drugs to help them make better health decisions and have more informed consultations with their caregivers, pharmacists or physicians.
- New medication overviews that include large pill images as well as "How This Drug Works" videos that show what is happening inside the body when taking the medication. This helps patients understand how the medication works so they will keep taking it even if they do not feel an immediate physical difference.
- Customers can also review guidance on whether certain medications are safe for use before, during and after pregnancy. Other condition and lifestyle related information including interactions with food and drink.
- Unprecedented Access to Drug Details: Users can now view details on side effect occurrence rates and patient usage statistics that were previously not readily available to consumers.
- With more information on the reported incident, severity and onset of clinical side effects, patients will have a better grasp of what to expect in regard to side effects, when to expect them, and when to be concerned about side effects they may experience.
- Access to new patient usage resources provides information on typical strengths prescribed, plus average generic versus brand name drug usage rates.
- Drug Interaction Checker: Similar to the innovative Drug Interaction Checker recently added to the CVS/pharmacy Mobile app for smartphones, the new CVS.com Drug Information Center now features a personalized drug interaction checker.
- Users are able to quickly and easily import prescription information from their secure CVS.com account or manually enter information to find out how a particular prescription medication or over-the-counter (OTC) remedy interacts with other medications and lifestyle factors.
- The tool offers patients a full view of possible interactions as compared to all current medications, and users can refine their searches by severity of interactions or by specific drugs.
- Printable Medicine List: Users are able to combine prescription and non-prescription health information into one personalized printable list that folds into card size they can store in a wallet, facilitating better communication between patient and healthcare provider.
The new Drug Information Center adds to the comprehensive features already offered on CVS.com where customers can already manage and refill prescriptions, find their local pharmacy or MinuteClinic and more. In the coming months, CVS/pharmacy will continue to enhance its website and Drug Information Center, offering a variety of exciting new features that take the digital drugstore to the next level.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,500 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores in the U.S. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available athttp://info.cvscaremark.com/.
Press Contact:Danielle Marcus