- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS/pharmacy Launches iPhone Application for Mobile Customers
Thursday, October 14, 2010
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct 14, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
- CVS/pharmacy today announced the launch of its mobile application for customers using the iPhone(R) and other Apple mobile devices. Available as a free, downloadable application from iTunes and the Apple App Store, the CVS/pharmacy application leverages the tools available on CVS.com including managing prescriptions, planning shopping trips and even scheduling a flu shot.
Upon downloading the free application, CVS/pharmacy customers can take advantage of the following features:
- Find nearby CVS/pharmacy locations using the GPS-based store locator with integrated driving directions and maps
- Refill prescriptions from a personalized prescription history for pickup at any CVS/pharmacy
- Transfer prescriptions from another pharmacy to CVS/pharmacy
- Access the Drug Information Center to retrieve critical details about medication management including instructions for use, dosing information, side effects and relevant safety warnings
- View and manage sales circular to create a custom shopping list and identify money-saving deals each week
- Schedule a flu shot at any local CVS/pharmacy location
"We have introduced the CVS/pharmacy mobile application to give customers the ability to manage prescriptions and access important health information from any location," said Rob Price, senior vice president of marketing and chief marketing officer for CVS/pharmacy. "In addition to managing prescriptions, the mobile application will provide instant access to our flu shot scheduler, and even allow customers to plan shopping trips in advance using our mobile circular. With more than 7,000 locations and the addition of this mobile application, CVS/pharmacy continues to be the most convenient destination for our customers' healthcare needs."
The CVS/pharmacy iPhone application will simplify everything from prescription management to easily locating the nearest store with maps and driving directions from any location. Users can also make store visits more efficient by creating mobile shopping lists in advance by browsing the weekly sales and adding items to a custom shopping list with one click.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,100 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores. CVS/pharmacy is committed to improving the lives of those we serve by making innovative and high-quality health and pharmacy services safe, affordable and easy to access, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available at info.cvscaremark.com.
Erin C. Pensa