- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Our Impact
- Community Contacts
- Thought Leadership
- Search Jobs
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2017 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS/pharmacy Helps Shoppers Enjoy a Healthier, Less Stressful Holiday Season
Monday, November 23, 2015
With incredible Black Friday deals, and season-long savings on Christmas gifts and essentials, CVS/pharmacy stores nationwide take the stress out of holiday shopping and entertaining
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Nov. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS/pharmacy® today unveiled incredible savings for ExtraCare® Rewards members during a three-day Black Friday sales event at all 7,900 CVS/pharmacy locations which kicks off Thanksgiving Day and goes through Saturday, November 28. A special three-day circular can be found in local newspapers where customers will also receive a 25% Off Shopping Pass, valid during the event. CVS/pharmacy is making it easier for shoppers to focus more on a healthier and less stressful holiday by providing "one-stop" shopping complete with healthier food options for entertaining, and winter essentials to protect against cough, cold and flu, so customers can avoid missing out on fun family get-togethers and celebrations.
"CVS/pharmacy is dedicated to helping customers spend more time with friends and family, and less time stressing, by offering a wide variety of gift items," said Judy Sansone, Senior Vice President of Front Store Business, CVS/pharmacy and Chief Merchant of CVS Health. "Instead of shopping at multiple stores to pick up gifts, decor, party snacks, and health and beauty items, CVS/pharmacy provides a convenient way for customers to purchase all these items in one location. Plus, we have made it easier than ever for our customers to find healthier options for entertaining this year."
Hot Deals on Gifts for Everyone
CVS/pharmacy is offering big bargains as part of its three-day Black Friday sales event:
- Give Beauty: Buy Two, Get the Third Free deals are available when mixing and matching popular beauty and cosmetics brands, such as L'Oreal, CoverGirl, NYX, Neutrogena, Wet 'n Wild, Sally Hansen, and Physician's Formula, as well as CVS/pharmacy-exclusive line MUA.
- Shoppers will also receive 40% off select personal grooming electronics, including Norelco Shavers and Sonicare Rechargable Toothbrushes.
- Designer and celebrity fragrances are also available, including Beyonce Rise, Katy Perry Killer Queen, Taylor Swift Incredible Things, Calvin Klein Fragrances, and many more.
- Give Comfort & Joy: Buy One, Get One Free deals on Memory Foam Slippers or Pillows and select Hallmark Ornaments; a snuggly House to Home Fleece Throw is available for just $1.99. Shoppers can also receive a Free Amope Pedi Perfect Daily Moisturizer 8.45 oz. for free with the purchase of an Amope Pedi Perfect Electronic Foot or Nail Care File for only $49.99.
- Give Fun: For kids of all ages, shoppers can purchase unique gadgets and toys such as the AeroDrone X6 ($29.99) and a Black Spider Wireless Indoor Helicopter ($12.88). Customers will also find Buy One, Get One Free deals on select toys and electronics, including Dig-Gen earphones or headphones. Many children's toys are also on sale for less than $10; the Radio-Controlled Licensed Car, Fashion Stylist Dolls, and Tough Truck Play Set of 4 are all offered at just $6.88 each.
- Give Novelty: Wrap up a one-of-a-kind gift this season with a Grilled Cheese Toaster, Hot Dog Steamer or Mac and Cheese Maker, just $19.99 each. Pick out a charming LED LOVE marquee sign ($19.99) or a rockin' SoundLogic Bluetooth Speaker ($14.99) for a memorable holiday this year.
- Give Gift Cards: One of the most classic gift options, CVS/pharmacy offers more than 200 branded gift cards for popular restaurants and department stores, including Cheesecake Factory, Starbucks, Nike, Crate and Barrel, as well as major credit card companies American Express, MasterCard, and VISA. As part of CVS Health's $10 million commitment to support Stand Up To Cancer, CVS/pharmacy has also partnered with MasterCard and InComm, to accelerate innovative cancer research with an exclusive Stand Up To Cancer branded gift card available at CVS/pharmacy locations nationwide. With $1 of every gift card sold going to support the life-saving cancer research being done by Stand Up To Cancer, CVS/pharmacy and MasterCard will donate up to $525,000. This program runs through December 2016, making a thoughtful gift for anyone whose life has been touched by cancer.
- Give Silly and Sentimental: Customers can order photo prints, custom greeting cards and photo books for quick and convenient same-day pick-up with the "Photo Center" feature in the CVS Mobile app, online at CVS.com/photo, or in-store via the KODAK Picture Kiosk. Users can easily upload photos from thumb drives, smartphone camera rolls or social media like Facebook or Instagram to create memorable cards or gifts.
Healthier Holiday Entertaining
CVS/pharmacy continues to expand its offerings to help customers make convenient health-conscious decisions when shopping for holiday parties. With dozens of new food and snack brands added nationwide, and fresh, refrigerated and healthier food items now available in more than 500 stores, CVS/pharmacy is helping shoppers meet and maintain their health goals, even during the busiest season. Through CVS/pharmacy's "Fit Choices" shelf-tagging system, shoppers can quickly identify and purchase healthier food and snack options that are clearly labeled as: "Heart Healthy," "Gluten Free," "Sugar Free," "Organic," "Good Source of Protein," and/or "Non-GMO Verified."
- Customers can choose from popular healthier brands such as Kind, Kashi, Stacy's, Chobani, Vita Coco, Annie's, Sabra, and Skinny Pop to satisfy salty or sweet cravings. Snacks from the CVS/pharmacy-exclusive Gold Emblem abound™ line are also great for entertaining friends and family, including Gold Emblem abound Heavenly Light Popcorn and Deluxe Mixed Nuts – perfect for munching until the main meal.
- Shoppers can grab fresh fruit or a gallon of milk at their local CVS/pharmacy for baking traditional holiday recipes or completing a healthy family breakfast, so an extra trip to the grocery store is no longer needed to find many refrigerator and pantry staples.
Staying Healthy All Season Long
According to a recent CVS/pharmacy survey, nearly two-fifths (37%) of Americans have missed a life event because they were feeling ill with flu-like symptoms. During the holidays it is important that shoppers protect themselves from the spread of germs and viruses when traveling or visiting loved ones. While picking up holiday goodies, customers can conveniently get a flu shot with no appointment necessary, including evenings and weekends. Customers can also grab necessities such as alcohol-based hand sanitizers, facial tissues, and vitamins to keep healthy and strong all season long. In case sniffles and symptoms do appear, over-the-counter remedies for cough, cold and flu are available every day, with select medicine cabinet musts included in the Black Friday sales event.
With extended hours at select locations and many 24-hour stores, shoppers are able to visit their local CVS/pharmacy when it's most convenient for them. For specific store locations, visit CVS.com/stores.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with over 7,900 locations. It is the first national pharmacy to end the sale of tobacco and the first pharmacy in the nation to receive the Community Pharmacy accreditation from URAC, the leading health care accreditation organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Health is available at www.cvshealth.com.
Stephanie Cunha, CVS/pharmacy