- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS/pharmacy Expands ExtraCare Program with New Pharmacy & Health Rewards
Monday, February 4, 2013
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --CVS/pharmacy today announced the launch of ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards™, the latest evolution of the company's ExtraCare program, the most successful retail savings and rewards program in the U.S. The new ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards program enhances ExtraCare so that members have more ways to earn bigger, more frequent rewards when filling prescriptions or making healthy decisions. It also provides another choice for ExtraCare members, giving them the ability to opt-in to parts of the program that are most relevant to their individual needs and preferences, allowing CVS/pharmacy to deliver value personalized to each member.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60193-cvs-pharmacy-expands-extracare-program-new-pharmacy-and-health-rewards
Participants of ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards earn $5 ExtraBucks Rewards for every 10 prescriptions filled*. The design of the new program is intended to provide positive reinforcement to customers on an individual basis for refilling their prescriptions, as a way to encourage them to stay adherent to their prescribed medications. Plus, they get credit and earn rewards for the other little things they do to stay healthy, such as getting immunizations or proactively managing their prescriptions with resources like text message alerts or email refill reminders through CVS.com.
"Pharmacy is the heart of our business, and we know how important it is to help our customers manage multiple prescriptions and adhere to their medication therapy," said Rob Price, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for CVS/pharmacy. "This new program expands the ExtraCare rewards customers love, encouraging our customers to more proactively manage their overall health. Additionally, by providing individual opt-in enrollment, we further customize ExtraCare to provide more personalized value to our customers."
ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards – How it Works
- Enrollment is free and easy; all customers can sign up today at any CVS/pharmacy location or online at CVS.com/rxrewards.
- Customers must opt-in to this program to earn these new rewards, but can keep using their same ExtraCare card.
- Each person who joins can earn up to $50 Pharmacy & Health ExtraBucks Rewards each year; ExtraBucks® Rewards for non-pharmacy purchases are still unlimited.
- Pharmacy & Health ExtraBucks Rewards can be used like other ExtraBucks Rewards on most items in the store.
- When participants receive their rewards, there's no guesswork involved. Unlike complicated points-based programs where members get paid back in rewards they don't understand how to use, ExtraCare members receive ExtraBucks Rewards. These rewards are like "free CVS money" they can spend on most items in the store, so it's easy for customers to redeem them in-store or online.
Since the program's launch 15 years ago, ExtraCare has evolved into the most successful retail savings and rewards program because it is designed with customers in mind, offering value just about every time a cardholder shops. Today there are more than 70 million active ExtraCare members. CVS/pharmacy has continued to innovate by providing customers new and personalized ways to save through ExtraCare. From the in-store ExtraCare Coupon Centers, opt-in programs such as ExtraCare Beauty Club and ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes, and the newest "Send to Card" digital savings options, shoppers have many options to choose how they want to engage with CVS/pharmacy and receive savings and rewards.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,400 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores. CVS/pharmacy is committed to improving the lives of those we serve by making innovative and high-quality health and pharmacy services safe, affordable and easy to access, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available at http://info.cvscaremark.com.
* Not valid on prescriptions purchased in AR, NJ or NY; on any prescriptions for controlled substances purchased in HI or LA; or on any prescriptions transferred to a CVS/pharmacy in AL, MS or OR. Void where prohibited by law.