- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Health in Action Blog
- Thought Leadership
- Hiring Areas
- Why CVS
- Important Security Alert
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS/pharmacy Expands ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes Program with New Support and Savings for the 26 Million Americans Living with Diabetes
Monday, October 29, 2012
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of National Diabetes Month in November, CVS/pharmacy® is expanding its continued commitment to the growing community of people living with diabetes in the U.S. with new support and savings for members of the ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes® program. In addition to the special savings and rewards that members receive just for signing up, the program now offers more than $130 in savings from Diabetes Health Magazine and a variety of new instant and ongoing savings. CVS/pharmacy is also hosting free glucose screenings during National Diabetes Month in November.
"Every 17 seconds, another American is diagnosed with diabetes," said Papatya Tankut, RPh, Vice President of Pharmacy Affairs, CVS/pharmacy. "CVS/pharmacy is committed to being a resource for patients dealing with a new diagnosis or looking for ways to cut health costs without sacrificing care. Our pharmacists and our diabetes support programs are resources that patients can turn to for information and advice."
CVS/pharmacy's support programs for people living with diabetes and caregivers include:
- Diabetes Health Magazine: This magazine comespacked with $130 in savings from leading brand partners whose diabetic supplies and products are available at CVS/pharmacy (valid through 12/31/12), as well as health tips, recipes and advice from diabetes experts. Consumers can download a copy at CVS.com/diabetes.
- Instant & Ongoing Savings: All members who sign up for the ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes program and have an ExtraCare card with an email on file will receive a $5 coupon in their inbox (valid through 12/31/12). Once enrolled, shoppers will continue to receive exclusive, members-only tips, recipes and savings year-round through in-store coupons and a monthly e-newsletter.
- Free Glucose Screenings: Through the Project Health wellness program, CVS/pharmacy will offer free glucose screenings at select stores in 10 of the largest U.S. cities during November. Participants will have access to professional consultations and referrals from Nurse Practitioners and CVS pharmacists. They will also receive a $5 coupon. Visit www.cvs.com/projecthealth for health screening event dates and locations. Free diabetes screenings are also available at MinuteClinic (www.minuteclinic.com), the walk-in medical clinic inside select CVS/pharmacy locations. MinuteClinic is open 7 days a week, including evenings and weekends, no appointment necessary.
"Currently, one in 10 Americans is living with diabetes and managing this disease can be both overwhelming and expensive, whether a patient has been newly diagnosed or has been managing their diabetes for years," said Tankut. "We created our ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes program to provide resources and savings to those who are managing this chronic condition and their caregivers. As the diabetic population grows and health costs continue to be burdensome, by enhancing this program we can deliver morevalue to our customers affected by diabetes while helping them on their path to better health."
Since its launch in 2010, the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes program has helped more than 2 million members save money and better manage the disease. The program is free and open to all members of the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare savings and rewards program; cardholders can easily sign up at CVS.com/diabetes. Once enrolled, patients and caregivers can earn ExtraBucks® Rewards on more than 100 products used to manage diabetes, including testing supplies, glucose test strips and glucose meters. In addition to exclusive savings, members also have access to a variety of resources including an "Ask Our Pharmacist" section, additional offers, videos and recipes addressing their specific lifestyle needs. Members can log on to CVS.com/extracare or access the CVS mobile app to view what personalized ExtraSavings™ and ExtraBucks Rewards are currently available, and choose to "Print" or "Send to Card" their coupon savings and ExtraBucks Rewards.
In addition to earning ExtraBucks Rewards that can be spent on most items in the store, ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes members receive special offers and discounts on their receipts and at the in-store ExtraCare Coupon Center. Members can visit the Information & Advice center on CVS.com, which features videos and answers from the pharmacist year round.
For more information, visit CVS.com/diabetes.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with 7,400 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available athttp://info.cvscaremark.com.