- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Our Impact
- Community Contacts
- Thought Leadership
- Search Jobs
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2017 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS Pharmacy Pilots New CarePass Program in Boston Market
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Membership loyalty program offers enhanced benefits and value as well as access to on-demand pharmacy care
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), today announced that customers in the Greater Boston area can enroll in CarePass, a new pilot membership rewards program offering additional benefits to the company's popular ExtraCare Rewards Program. CarePass offers members a suite of in-store and online perks including free delivery on most medications and purchases, access to a 24/7 pharmacist hotline and 20% off all CVS Health brand products. Customers can join CarePass for $5 a month or $48 a year and also receive a monthly $10 CarePass promotional reward that can be used towards nearly all purchases in-store and online at CVS.com.
"We are committed to designing and testing innovative programs that meet our customers' health needs whenever, wherever and however they want," says Kevin Hourican, Executive Vice President, CVS Health and President, CVS Pharmacy. "The CarePass pilot program in Boston offers our customers an additional level of benefits and services that make it easy to save time, save money and receive access to on-demand pharmacy care."
Customers can now enroll in CarePass at more than 350 participating CVS Pharmacy locations throughout Greater Boston, or online at CVS.com/carepass.
CarePass members receive a multitude of benefits, outlined below, when they join for a $5/month month-to-month membership or the discounted annual membership fee of $48:
- Free delivery on most prescriptions and purchases. Free 1-2 day delivery is available to CarePass members on qualifying prescription drug orders with prescriptions delivered right to members' mailboxes through USPS, making managing prescriptions less complicated and more convenient. Free 1-2 day delivery is also available for eligible purchases on CVS.com with no minimum order required.
- Access to a 24/7 pharmacist helpline to help them save time and money while getting more access to the health care they need, whenever and wherever they need it. CarePass members can contact the helpline to speak live with a pharmacist who has secure access to their prescription history with CVS Pharmacy. The pharmacist will be able to answer questions about the customer's medications on-demand and refer them to any additional tools, resources or services that could be helpful.
- Special discounts on all CVS Health brand items. CarePass members enjoy a 20% discount on eligible CVS Health brand products in-store and online at CVS.com, which includes over-the-counter medications, vitamins and supplements, and other personal care items. The benefit is always available on the customer's ExtraCare card and ready to use in-store or at CVS.com.
- A monthly promotional reward that can be spent on nearly anything in the store or online. As an added thank you to customers who sign up for a CarePass membership, each member will also receive a monthly $10 CarePass promotional reward that can be used on many items in-store and online at CVS.com. The CarePass promo reward is automatically added to the customer's ExtraCare card at the beginning of each monthly benefit cycle and expires at the end of the monthly benefit cycle.
To help kick-off the Boston market pilot, CVS Pharmacy will host more than 20 pop-up events featuring branded trucks and cars across the area, including at Government Center and select CVS Pharmacy locations.
Those interested in signing up for CarePass outside of the Boston area are encouraged to stay tuned for more news in the coming months, as CVS Pharmacy evolves and expands the program based on learnings from the market pilot test.
To become a member and take advantage of CarePass benefits, members must have an active ExtraCare Rewards card. Customers who are not already ExtraCare members can sign up for both ExtraCare and CarePass by enrolling in-store or visiting CVS.com/carepass. And good news for customers all the benefits of CarePass are in addition to the everyday savings of 2% back and other rewards that already come with being an ExtraCare member.
For more information and applicable restrictions, visit CVS.com/carepass.
About CVS Pharmacy
CVS Pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with over 9,800 locations. It is the first national pharmacy to end the sale of tobacco and the first pharmacy in the nation to receive the Community Pharmacy accreditation from URAC, the leading health care accreditation organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. CVS Pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS Pharmacy and CVS Health is available at www.cvshealth.com.
SOURCE CVS Pharmacy