- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Health in Action Blog
- Thought Leadership
- Hiring Areas
- Why CVS
- Important Security Alert
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS Health Thanking its Pharmacists during American Pharmacists Month for Helping People on Their Path to Better Health
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --CVS Health is thanking its 26,000 pharmacists during October's American Pharmacists Month for their role in changing the way health care is delivered to increase access, lower costs and improve quality in the Company's retail pharmacies, mail service pharmacies and specialty pharmacies nationwide.
"Last month, we changed our company name to CVS Health to reflect our broader health care commitment and our expertise in driving the innovations needed to shape the future of health," said Larry Merlo, President and CEO of CVS Health. "Our pharmacists are playing a critical role in our evolution, delivering breakthrough products and services and enabling patients and clients to manage health in more affordable, effective ways through medication adherence programs, specialty pharmacy services and other innovative pharmacy programs we are developing."
CVS Health pharmacists are helping people on their path to better health through a number of programs and services.
- CVS Health's comprehensive and uniquely personalized smoking cessation program includes access to pharmacists at all 7,700 CVS/pharmacy locations, who can provide a smoking cessation assessment with a customized quit plan, advice on support resources and recommendations on stop smoking aids.
- Pharmacists from CVS Health's retail business and specialty services are working together to provide patients unsurpassed choice and flexibility in how they access their specialty medications and receive expert clinical support through the Specialty Connect program. This partnership gives patients the option to bring their specialty prescriptions to any CVS/pharmacy location, while still receiving insurance guidance and dedicated clinical support by phone from a team of specialty pharmacy experts at CVS/specialty.
- Pharmacists are providing convenient and accessible access to flu shots and other vaccinations at every CVS/pharmacy location nationwide seven days a week with no appointment needed, including evenings and weekends.
- CVS pharmacists will help patients understand their prescription insurance coverage options under Medicare Part D and the Affordable Care Act when open enrollment begins for these programs on October 15 and November 15, respectively.
- CVS Health's signature Pharmacy Advisor program epitomizes the company's unique integrated model, improving medication adherence and identifying gaps in care to improve the health of people with chronic diseases through pharmacist consultations combined with clinical patient data.
In addition, CVS Health will celebrate National Pharmacy Technician Day on October 22 to thank its over 50,000 pharmacy technicians for the valued support they provide to CVS pharmacists and pharmacy teams across the organization.
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail pharmacies, 900 walk-in medical clinics, a leading pharmacy benefits manager with nearly 65 million plan members, and expanding specialty pharmacy services, CVS Health enables people, businesses and communities to manage health in more affordable, effective ways. This unique integrated model increases access to quality care, delivers better health outcomes and lowers overall health care costs. Find more information about how CVS Health is shaping the future of health atwww.cvshealth.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Mike DeAngelis, email@example.com, 401-770-2645
SOURCE CVS Health