- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS Caremark Recognizes the Important Role Pharmacists Play in Improving Health Outcomes for their Patients
Thursday, October 3, 2013
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of American Pharmacists Month in October, CVS Caremark is thanking its pharmacists for their role in reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health. CVS Caremark's 26,000 pharmacists are improving patient care and lowering health care costs every day in the company's retail pharmacies, mail service pharmacies and specialty pharmacies nationwide.
"CVS Caremark is focused on finding new and innovative ways to reinvent pharmacy in order to better serve our customers and our pharmacists play a critical role in that process," said Larry Merlo, President and CEO of CVS Caremark. "The health care landscape in our nation is changing and pharmacists are no longer simply dispensing medication. Our pharmacists are also providing important health care services through innovative programs and services across our practice settings."
- CVS Caremark pharmacists are creating convenient and affordable access to health care through flu vaccinations and other immunizations in all 7,500 CVS/pharmacy locations.
- They are also playing a critical role at CVS Caremark's new state of the art mail service pharmacy and customer center in Illinois, which combines the best of high tech automation and human expertise to provide convenient, affordable access to prescriptions.
- As new health insurance coverage options are made available under the Affordable Care Act, CVS pharmacists will serve as a point of activation for patients who are seeking information about their options under the new health care law.
- Pharmacists are the lynchpin in CVS Caremark's Pharmacy Advisor program, unique to the Company's integrated model, that addresses issues of non-adherence and identifies gaps in care to improve the health of people with chronic diseases through pharmacist consultations.
On October 22, 2013, CVS Caremark will also celebrate National Pharmacy Technician Day in recognition of the valuable role that its 50,000 pharmacy technicians play in supporting CVS Caremark pharmacists and the pivotal role they play in the company's many pharmacies.
About CVS Caremark
CVS Caremark is dedicated to helping people on their path to better health as the largest integrated pharmacy company in the United States. Through the company's more than 7,500 CVS/pharmacy stores; its leading pharmacy benefit manager serving more than 60 million plan members; and its retail health clinic system, the largest in the nation with more than 650 MinuteClinic locations, it is a market leader in mail order, retail and specialty pharmacy, retail clinics, and Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans. As a pharmacy innovation company with an unmatched breadth of capabilities, CVS Caremark continually strives to improve health and lower costs by developing new approaches such as its unique Pharmacy Advisor program that helps people with chronic diseases, such as diabetes, obtain and stay on their medications. Find more information about how CVS Caremark is reinventing pharmacy for better health at info.cvscaremark.com.
SOURCE CVS Caremark