- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Health in Action Blog
- Thought Leadership
- Hiring Areas
- Why CVS
- Important Security Alert
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Opens 2012 Grant Application Process
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Private Foundation Seeks Non-profit Organizations Aligned with its Philanthropic Focus: Health Care and Children
WOONSOCKET, R.I., May 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Caremark Charitable Trust, a private foundation created by CVS Caremark Corporation, today announced the 2012 grant application process is now open to eligible non-profit organizations seeking funding. The Trust's mission is to provide funding for health care, education and community involvement initiatives that help people on their path to better health in CVS Caremark communities.
The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust invites non-profit organizations that are aligned with its mission to submit a letter of intent that provides a brief synopsis of a proposed grant request and a general understanding of the problem or issue the applicant organization seeks to address, how a one-time grant will address the specific need, and the applicant organization's capacity to have a lasting impact on the target audience and problem.
This year, the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust seeks to support programs and initiatives in two main areas of focus intended to meet one of four specific goals:
Access to Health Care
- Support innovative approaches to expanding access to health care for vulnerable populations, including support for mobile health innovations that enhance access to health care and bring health care to locations where people need it.
Children and Inclusion
- Increase inclusive options for children with disabilities for physical activity, creativity and play such as recreational, youth development, camps and school-based programs, including support for physical accommodations and training of staff to allow more children with disabilities to actively participate in these programs.
- Coordinate and improve health care services for children with disabilities and/or special health care needs, including providing a continuum of care between disciplines to have a whole view of a child's needs (such as an occupational therapist and feeding specialist meeting with the child together) or technology needs.
- Increase access to and appropriate use of early intervention services for children of all abilities, including support to enhance training and education of pediatricians, parents and others to improve services, referrals and care.The Organization helps to educate professionals and parents about autism and other developmental disorders, and the benefits of early intervention via print, press, broadcast, conferences, and web-site information.
The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust grant application guidelines are now available at www.cvscaremark.com/community/ways-we-give/charitable-trust/application-guidelines. All letters of intent must be submitted online before June 29, 2012. For more information on the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust grant application guidelines and program funding requirements, please visit www.cvscaremark.com/community.
About the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust
The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust, Inc. is a private foundation created by CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS). CVS Caremark is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the nation. The Trust's mission is to provide funding for health care, education and community involvement initiatives in CVS Caremark communities. General information about CVS Caremark is available through the Investor Relations portion of the Company's Web site at http://investor.cvs.com/, or through the Web site's press room at www.cvs.com/pressroom. For more information on the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust please visit http://info.cvscaremark.com/community/our-impact/charitable-trust.
SOURCE CVS Caremark Charitable Trust