- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Community Stories
- Thought Leadership
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
Coram CVS/Specialty Infusion Services Opens New Branch Pharmacy And Infusion Suite In El Paso, TX
Monday, May 12, 2014
WOONSOCKET, R.I., May 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Coram CVS/specialty infusion services announces the opening of a new branch pharmacy in El Paso, Texas that will serve the Big Bend, Panhandle, and Permian Basin areas of Texas, as well as southern New Mexico. The new facility, which is larger than the previous branch location, offers a number of services, including:
- Ambulatory infusion suite, which provides an alternative to a hospital setting where patients can receive IV infusion of specialty drugs in a safe, monitored environment.
- Comprehensive offering of infusion therapies, including anti-infective services, parenteral nutrition (PN) and enteral nutrition (tube feeding), cardiac/inotropic therapies, immunoglobulins (IVIg and SCIg), Alpha-1 therapies, and pain and palliative care services.
- Brand-new compounding "clean room," which is compliant with USP 797 pharmaceutical compounding standards.
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) line placement using state-of-the-art technology. This new service enables infusion therapy to begin immediately, without the need for an x-ray confirmation or hospitalization.
- Individual patient counseling and education.
- Skilled nursing services.
- Nursing language services available in English and Spanish.
"As the only national infusion services company in the area, Coram is pleased to build upon our long-standing investment in the El Paso community and the surrounding areas with the opening of this branch," said Rob Allen, President, Coram CVS/specialty infusion services. "We know that infusion care provided in the home or at an alternate site infusion suite can help promote better health and an improved quality of life for patients with complex infusion needs."
The address of the new branch is 3817 Constitution Drive, Suite 300, El Paso, TX 79922-1367. The branch phone number is 915.833.0140; the fax number is 915.581.9366.
An Open House will be held at the branch on Tuesday, May 13, from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm. The event will feature tours of the new facility, in-service training for nursing staff, door prizes, and food and drinks. The event will also feature demonstrations of the branch's new PICC line placement technology the BARD Access System and the Sherlock 3CG Tip Confirmation System.
About Coram CVS/specialty infusion services
CoramCVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram and CVS/caremark pharmacy services, a division of CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), enables the company to offer more than 65 years of combined experience; enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and an expanded national footprint. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, Coram has more than 85 locations across the country, including 65 infusion suites, ensuring both a national presence and comprehensive local coverage. Coram's nurses, pharmacists, dietitians and other clinical staff provide personalized care to thousands of home and infusion suite patients every day. For more information, please visit our website at www.coramhc.com.
SOURCE CVS Caremark