WOONSOCKET, R.I., Nov. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --With more shoppers looking to trim their gift-giving budget this holiday season, CVS/pharmacy is helping customers save with significant deals and savings on great gifts both in-store and online beginning on Thanksgiving Day. In the markets CVS/pharmacy serves, more than 75% of the population live within three miles, providing shoppers with a convenient and cost-effective alternative to crowded stores when searching for Black Friday deals and discounts. Customers can shop smart with discounts on gifts such as popular toys, gadgets and beauty products, and holiday essentials like tree trimmings, greeting cards and ornaments.
"Black Friday is the official kickoff to the holiday shopping season and we're excited to offer incredible bargains on holiday gifts and essentials so customers can celebrate the season with their families without breaking the bank," said Judy Sansone, Senior Vice President of Merchandising for CVS/pharmacy. "With more price-conscious shoppers this year, those who walk through their local CVS/pharmacy doors can easily find the best deals, a wide selection of products and an easy and convenient shopping experience."
Hot deals starting November 28
- Toys: Buy-One-Get-One-Free deals will be available on specially-advertised seasonal toys and 'As Seen on TV' favorites. Customers will receive $5 ExtraBucks with the purchase of Pillow Pet Dream Lites ($19.99). Shoppers can also snag discounts on the fun-for-all-ages Party Animal Dancing Speakers ($12.88) and the action Black Spider Wireless Indoor Helicopter ($12.88).
- Gadgets and Tech: Shoppers can give the gift of entertainment with the Craig DVD player ($18.88) and G-Sonic 32" Soundbar ($28.88). SoundLogic DJ headphones and ear buds are Buy-One-Get-One-Free and available in an array of colors. Shoppers can also save on batteries for their electronic purchases. On November 28 only, select 4-packs of CVS Alkaline batteries ($4.39) will be free with a coupon from the ExtraCare Coupon Center.
- Relaxation and Pampering: Save on Restor Style Soft Balance Memory Foam Pillow ($7.88), Ladies Fleece Robe ($4.88), Plush Sherpa Blanket ($8.88), Wet n Wild Cosmetics Christmas Pail ($6.88), and Buy-One-Get-One on select designer fragrances such as Lady Gaga Fame (starting at $19.99) and Nautica (starting at $19.99).
- Novelties: Those looking for nostalgic gifts can wrap up one of the many Retro Series gifts such as a '50s Style Chocolate Fondue Fountain, Hot Air Popcorn Popper, Cotton Candy Maker or Hot Dog Toaster. For Disney lovers, gift givers can delight in a Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker or Mug Warmer. All available for just $12.88 each.
For additional savings, shoppers can clip the 30% off shopping pass from the weekly circular found in the newspaper. To redeem online, customers can use coupon code TURKEY30 and combine with FREESHIP30 to receive free shipping on their order.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday Specials on CVSPhoto.com
From Thursday, November 28 through Saturday, December 7, personalized photo cards and gifts are more affordable than ever.
- Photo Cards: One-of-a-kind holiday cards that friends and family will adore can be created in just minutes by adding photos into customizable seasonal templates (starting at $1.99). All Photo Cards are 30% off with code PHOTOCARD30.
- Ornaments and Gifts: Cherished memories can return year after year with personalized photo keepsake ornaments ($17.99) and other unique gifts like Phone and Tablet Cases (starting at $34.99), Mouse Pads (starting at $9.99) and Mugs (starting at $11.99). These are offered in a number of shapes and styles and 25% off with the code PHOTOGIFT25.
- Photo Books and Calendars: Every page or every month can bring back a memory. Photo books (starting at $5.99) are available in a dozen of seasonal layouts and Calendars are in an array of sizes, perfect for the desk at work or wall in the kitchen. Photos Books and Calendars are 30% off with the code PHOTOGIFT30.
For those looking to create a gift in a hurry, the CVS/pharmacy Mobile smartphone app allows holiday gift seekers to upload photos directly from smartphone camera galleries to create select personalized gifts.
'Seasons of Savings' on Facebook and Twitter
Members of the CVS/pharmacy Facebook community (Facebook.com/CVS) can check out some of the hottest Black Friday deals in advance on Wednesday, November 27. This will give shoppers a chance to plan their shopping trips and take advantage of all the great savings available for everyone on their gift list. Members of the community can also share their stories on the CVS/pharmacy Facebook page about how CVS/pharmacy has helped save the day and time and money for a chance to win a $500 CVS/pharmacy gift card.
Shoppers can follow @CVS_Extra on Twitter (Twitter.com/CVS_Extra) to learn about upcoming ExtraCare promotions and participate in a variety of giveaways, including the "12 Days of Giveaways" event kicking off on December 5.
Huge savings and rewards for ExtraCare members all season long
Shoppers will find thousands of opportunities to save big and earn rewards each week at CVS/pharmacy. Members of the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare savings and rewards program can find featured deals in the weekly circular available in their Sunday newspaper or in-store, and in the new digital circular called myWeekly Ad (CVS.com/weeklyad), which allows each customer to browse a personalized version of the sales ad highlighting items they frequently buy or are likely to be interested in, making it even easier to save both time and money.
For those members who are enrolled in the Double Quarterly ExtraBucks Rewards promotion going on through December 15, customers will earn double the rewards on most gift purchases, leading to a post-holiday treat in the form of more ExtraBucks Rewards that pay out in January.
To locate a nearby CVS/pharmacy or for specific questions about store hours, visit the CVS.com Store Locator (CVS.com/storefinder).
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,500 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores in the U.S. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available athttp://info.cvscaremark.com/.