A Mobile Experience for CVS Specialty Patients
Imagine that you are diagnosed with a complex condition, such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis or certain cancers, and your doctor gives you a prescription for one or more specialty therapies. The medications used to treat many of these complex conditions are often expensive, may be administered by injection or infusion and may require special handling, including temperature control. All of a sudden, you have so much to keep track of – your strict dosing schedule, your refills, and your doctors’ appointments. We know that living with a complex condition can be hard - from financial challenges to remembering when your refill is due - so at CVS Specialty pharmacy we’re constantly innovating to find ways to help make the logistics of managing your medications a little bit easier. Now, there’s an app that offers:
- On-the-go prescription management: Once registered, the app allows you fast, secure access to view your prescription history, refill and manage prescriptions, pay bills and track shipments. iPhone users can even log-in with their fingerprint using Touch ID technology.
- Delivery choice: For added convenience, you can log on to the app and easily select or change your delivery location: from your home, the office or any CVS Pharmacy, including Target retail stores.
- Real-time alerts and reminders: Receive notifications via text or email to alert you when it is time to refill a prescription. You can also set up medication reminders on your phone to help stick to your strict dosing schedule. In addition, to help keep track of everything in one place, you can also set up reminders for doctors’ appointments and receive alerts for upcoming lab visits.
Recently, the CVS Specialty app was honored as one of the best mobile health apps in the 20th Annual Webby Awards. Hailed as the “internet’s highest honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards, presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), is the leading international award honoring excellence on the internet. In addition, the suite of CVS Health mobile apps consistently receive high customer ratings on both iTunes and Google Play.
As a pharmacy innovation company, we are focused on improving patient health outcomes, and CVS Specialty strives to make it easier and more convenient for specialty patients to start and stay on therapies. The CVS Specialty mobile app is just one more way we are helping patients manage complex conditions, so they can stay healthier, longer.
- Digital Services
- Medication Adherence
- Health Care Innovation
- CVS Specialty
- Strategic Imperative - Make It Simple
- Strategic Imperative - Improve Health Lower Costs
- Campaign - Enhancing the Consumer Experience
- Campaign - Transforming Health Care
- Program - Chronic Disease Management
- Pillar - Enhancing the Consumer Experience